See below direct links to the various pieces of information in the structure recommended by DPER:
Information about GSOC
Organisational information including management, structure, staffing, locations, etc., can be found in About Us.
This includes information about:
- Establishment of the organisation
- Roles, responsibilities and functions
- Management arrangements and governance
- Human resources related information
- Organisational strategy
All of our Annual Reports to date are also available on the website.
The main types of records held by GSOC which may be accessed through FOI are listed within this FOI section.
Our contact details are at the bottom of every page of the website.
Within the Customer Service section, you can find our Customer Charter, Code of Ethics, and information on how to complain about GSOC staff if necessary.
Services provided to the public by GSOC
The About Us section lists GSOC’s responsibilities, or areas of activity. GSOC’s primary responsibility is to deal with complaints made by members of the public concerning the conduct of members of the Garda Síochána. Information on how to access this service, which is free-of-charge, is available on the How to Complain page.
Financial and procurement information
Financial statements, procurement procedures, any plans for major capital expenditure, links to any open tenders and a list of current contracts are all available on the Administration page.
Information published routinely
- Our FOI disclosure log and index of precedents is updated quarterly.
- We publish operational statistics monthly and more detailed infographics quarterly.
- Our Annual Reports detail all of our activity undertaken in the previous year.
- We publish job vacancies as they arise on our Careers page.
- We publish press statements in our Media Room.