Make a FOI request
How to make a Freedom of Information request
You can submit your request:
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to FOI Officer, GSOC, 150 Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
- While requests are required in writing by the Act, if you have a disability which prevents you from reading or writing, we will accept your request orally.
You will need to include all of the information above, or we will not be able to process your request. That is:
Your application should state clearly that your request is made under the Freedom of Information Acts and specify that it relates to one or more of the following:
- a request for access to records (Section 7 of the Act);
- a request to have personal information amended (Section 17 of the Act);
- a request for reasons for decisions that affect you (Section 18 of the Act).
Give your full contact details and include a daytime telephone number, if possible, so that we can contact you if we need to clarify details of your request.
Give as much information as possible, to enable us to identify the records you want. Be as specific as you can.
If you would like the information in a specific format (e.g. in print or electronic format) you must let us know that from the outset. Otherwise if you contact us by e-mail, we will contact you by e-mail, including sending any records released by e-mail, in un-editable PDF format; and if you contact us by post, we will contact you by post, including sending any records released by post.
If you are looking for personal information, you must prove your identity.