Make a complaint

If you are directly affected by what you believe is misconduct of a member of the Garda Síochána, you can complain to the Garda Ombudsman. You can also make a complaint if you are a witness to such behaviour. In many circumstances you can complain on someone’s behalf, if you have their consent.

Use the menu on the right to find out whether we will be able to deal with your complaint and, if we can, the different ways in which it may be dealt with.

You can also read case summaries, describing how we dealt with other people’s complaints and you can access the online complaint form.