January to September 2020
- 849 calls were received to 1890 600 800.
- 1,382 complaints were received.
- 1,245 complaints were closed.
- 31 referrals from the Garda Síochána for independent investigation
under S102(1) of the Garda Síochána Act (2005).
- 92% compliance rate in requests for documentation from the Garda Síochána.
- Average of 21 days for requests for information/documentation from the Garda Síochana to be fulfilled.
- 18 S102(4) investigations opened in the public interest.
Most common circumstances of allegations in complaints
Most common allegation types
Main reasons for inadmissibility
Of allegations in complaints
Reasons for Inadmissibility of allegations as a percentage of Fully Inadmissible Complaints
Main outcomes of allegations
Included in complaints closed
The total number of allegations investigated is higher than the total number of complaints closed because there may be several allegations in a single complaint. *Decisions on breaches of Discipline Regulations are made by the Garda Commissioner following GSOC investigations.