January to March 2022
- 677 calls were received to 1890 600 800.
- 463 complaints were received.
- 572 complaints were closed.
- 11 referrals from the Garda Síochána for independent investigation
under S102(1) of the Garda Síochána Act (2005).
- 84% compliance rate in requests for documentation from the Garda Síochána.
- Average of 18 days for requests for information/documentation from the Garda Síochana to be fulfilled.
- 1 S102(4) investigations opened in the public interest.
Most common circumstances in complaints
Most common allegation types
Main reasons for inadmissibility
Of allegations in complaints
Reasons for Inadmissibility of allegations as a percentage of Fully Inadmissible Complaints
Main outcomes of allegations
Included in complaints closed
The total number of allegations investigated is higher than the total number of complaints closed because there may be several allegations in a single complaint. *Decisions on breaches of Discipline Regulations are made by the Garda Commissioner following GSOC investigations.